Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Second Chances

This blog post is all about second chances. I've had my fair share. But the biggest one would be my Second Chance at doing good.

I feel very selfish when I look back at myself and my community service, it annoyed me, I hated doing the community service it was tiring and boring, none of my other friends did it.
I've always wanted to be a change in the world but the stuff we did was not what I thought I would be doing when I joined.

Now me and 6 friends are creating our own group entitled: The Skinny, preventing and educating girls on Eating Disorders. ED is a huge issue that people ignore. You or someone you know could have one.

I have had my thoughts about my weight. 3 of the group have dealt with an ED, 1 serious 2 minor. The thing I've realised with EDs is It's never minor, no matter how far the person with the ED went.

I'm so happy to be a part of this group and give back and get my Second Chance.


-IFC Owner Ally

Blog post Inspired by Allegiance Second Chances



No comments:

Post a Comment